Galiot de Genouillac
Jacques de Genouillac, Commander-in-Chief of the Artillery under François 1st, built a château which equalled the palaces of the Loire Valley in its splendour. Built between 1518 and 1535, it consisted of an entry wing which opened via a spectacular colonnaded portico with loggias and pediments. The western façade overlooking the courtyard is decorated with rows of windows and two large friezes, richly carved with emblems referring to the military functions of Galiot de Genouillac (Grand Ecuyer de France, Lord of Assier, 1465-1546), and to the legend of Hercules. Sold on in 1768, the château was demolished, and the stones used to build several houses in the village.
Accessible for MBK and horse-riders.
Type of itinerary
Commune of departure
Place of departure
Commune of arrival
Duration of the walk
Partez équipés de chaussures adaptées et de vêtements imperméables, protégez-vous du soleil, emportez de l'eau et renseignez-vous sur les conditions météorologiques.